I. \\ˈragəl\ transitive verb (-ed/-ing/-s)
Etymology: origin unknown
: to cut a raggle in (stone)
II. noun (-s)
1. : a groove cut in masonry; especially : one that receives the upper edge of a flashing above a roof
2. : a manufactured building unit provided with a groove into which metal flashing can be fitted

Useful english dictionary. 2012.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • raggle — /rag euhl/, n. 1. a groove cut in masonry to receive flashing. 2. Also called raggle block. a manufactured masonry unit, usually of terra cotta, having a groove for receiving flashing. [1880 85; orig. uncert.] * * * …   Universalium

  • raggle — noun A groove or slot, often cut in a masonry wall or other vertical surface, for inserting an inset flashing component such as a reglet …   Wiktionary

  • raggle — rag·gle …   English syllables

  • raggle-taggle — [rag′əl tag′əl] adj. [extended < RAGTAG] of an odd or heterogeneous mixture; motley …   English World dictionary

  • raggle-taggle — adjective Etymology: irregular from ragtag Date: 1904 motley …   New Collegiate Dictionary

  • raggle-taggle — /rag euhl tag euhl/, adj. ragtag. [1900 05; alter. of RAGTAG] * * * …   Universalium

  • raggle-taggle — adjective untidy and scruffy. Origin early 20th cent.: appar. a fanciful var. of ragtag …   English new terms dictionary

  • raggle-taggle — rag·gle tag·gle …   English syllables

  • raggle-taggle — rag•gle tag•gle [[t]ˈræg əlˈtæg əl[/t]] adj. motley; ragtag …   From formal English to slang

  • raggle-taggle — /ˈrægəl tægəl/ (say raguhl taguhl) adjective motley; unkempt …   Australian English dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.